REFERENCE LABORATORY TECHNOLOGIST II
Reference Laboratory Technologist II Community Blood Center/Community Tissue Services (CBC/CTS), Dayton OH
Performs clinical and research activities of the Reference Laboratory in order to meet customer demands. Provides guidance and transfusion recommendations to local hospital customers using serologic and molecular testing methods.
- Performs complex serologic testing to provide transfusion recommendations to area hospitals.
- Phenotypes/genotypes red cell donors to maintain an adequate antigen negative donor inventory.
- Maintains and manages the antigen negative red cell inventory in Hospital Services.
- Provides excellent customer service to area hospitals and works with them to improve their operations.
- Performs scheduled quality control and calibration verification procedures to ensure proper functioning of reagents and equipment.
- Performs hematology testing of products, including residual white cell determinations.
- Performs testing procedures to identify HLA alleles at serologic or DNA levels.
- Performs testing procedures to identify lymphocytotoxic antibodies.
- Maintains cell and serum inventories and records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Tech I – BS or BA in Medical Technology or a biological science. MT/CLS(ASCP) certification required, SBB certification desired.
Tech II – Requirements as above, with SBB certification.
Tech III – Requirements as above, with Master’s Degree in a biological science.
Minimum of one year of fulltime blood bank experience required within last 5 years.
For further information: please contact Jennifer Wunderlich at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CBC/CTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
(August 30, 2019)