Job Postings Created by Members
Reference Laboratory Technologist II Community Blood Center/Community Tissue Services (CBC/CTS), Dayton OH
Performs clinical and research activities of the Reference Laboratory in order to meet customer demands. Provides guidance and transfusion recommendations to local hospital customers using serologic and molecular testing methods.
- Performs complex serologic testing to provide transfusion recommendations to area hospitals.
- Phenotypes/genotypes red cell donors to maintain an adequate antigen negative donor inventory.
- Maintains and manages the antigen negative red cell inventory in Hospital Services.
- Provides excellent customer service to area hospitals and works with them to improve their operations.
- Performs scheduled quality control and calibration verification procedures to ensure proper functioning of reagents and equipment.
- Performs hematology testing of products, including residual white cell determinations.
- Performs testing procedures to identify HLA alleles at serologic or DNA levels.
- Performs testing procedures to identify lymphocytotoxic antibodies.
- Maintains cell and serum inventories and records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Tech I – BS or BA in Medical Technology or a biological science. MT/CLS(ASCP) certification required, SBB certification desired.
Tech II – Requirements as above, with SBB certification.
Tech III – Requirements as above, with Master’s Degree in a biological science.
Minimum of one year of fulltime blood bank experience required within last 5 years.
For further information: please contact Jennifer Wunderlich at email@example.com.
CBC/CTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
(August 30, 2019)
Blood Bank Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Technician OhioHealth – Riverside Methodist Hospital, Columbus, OH
Sign-On Bonus and Relocation Assistance may be available for those who qualify!
Our OhioHealth family of associates is a collaborative group that discovers and succeeds together. Our culture is defined by our mission and OhioHealth values of excellence, compassion, integrity and stewardship.
OhioHealth has been a FORTUNE 100 Best Company to work for since 2007. Being a Best Company is about our culture and how we engage one another. This recognition is one measure of our success in achieving a part of our vision — to be an organization “where people want to work.”
Position Summary: The duties of this position includes but is not limited to accurate, precise, and timely patient test results for the diagnosis and management of human illness. Position utilizes automation and computerization, and manual methods. Responsible for quality control and instrument operation, maintenance and troubleshooting. May be involved in teaching and training, but not in a leadership position. Position handles blood, tissue, fecal matter, sputum, urine, spinal fluid and other body fluids. Specimens may be contaminated with infectious diseases including HIV and other blood borne pathogens.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Science, Clinical Laboratory Science, or related field. OR Associates degree in Medical Laboratory Technology
- ASCP/AMT or ASCP/AMT eligibility
Additional Job Information: Full Time Night Shift
To learn more and apply, please visit: www.ohiohealth.com/careers and search Job ID 973775.
For further information, please contact Kaleigh Zaborsky at Kaleigh.firstname.lastname@example.org.
OhioHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.