Van Der Hoeven Awards Program
The OABB’s Van der Hoeven Awards Program offers financial awards to those students completing post graduate education in Blood Banking, Immunohematology, Cellular Therapy, and other related areas of study assessed by the AABB. Following oral presentation at the OABB annual meeting, the award recipient is selected by a panel of judges appointed by the OABB President.
- All applicants must either be attending an Ohio accredited program or be an Ohio resident attending an accredited program in another state
Note: To be classified as a resident, a person must have lived in Ohio for at least one year either as self-supported or lived with a parent(s) or guardian who has been in Ohio for at least one year.
- Each individual must be an OABB member in good standing since July 1 of the previous year.
- The winner of the award is given $250.
- The award is made based on the excellence of presentation for content, delivery, and impact to the field.
- The presentation must be the applicant’s independent work, and may not have been published prior to its submission for the OABB Van Der Hoeven Award. Previous oral presentations and posters are acceptable.
- The presentation must be based on work during the year(s) of post graduate studies.
- Students must apply for the award no later than April 1 of the calendar year immediately following the completion of training.
- Submissions should be in abstract style with no more than 500 words printed in no less than 11 font size. The abstract should include a title, name of presenter, name of institution, background, methods, discussion, and conclusion. The abstract may include no more than one separate sheet of charts or graphs. The PowerPoint presentation in handout form may also be submitted with the abstract.
- Only individual OABB members may submit applications.
APPLICATIONS FOR THE VAN DER HOEVEN AWARDS PROGRAM ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED PLEASE CHECK BACK LATER.